*All schools to be closed on this date following today’s directives*
Government has been in forefront of building school and employing thousands of teachers to teach students and assess them.
Unfortunately, some students have been arrested by police officers after participating in burning and destroying their own schools.
These cases should be condemned and all stakeholders should come together and solve this problem which has been witnessed in several schools now.
Many boarding schools have been affected as some innocent students have been forced to stay away from school due to indefinite closure of schools.
The following Schools have been so far witnessed fire cases.
1. Buruburu Girls High School.
2. Kanjuri High School in Nyeri County.
3. Ofafa Jericho in Nairobi County.
4. Namboboto Secondary School from Busia. Kijabe Boys High School from Kiambu County.
10. Mbugiti Boys High School from Murang’a County.
11. Kahuhia Girls National School from Murang’a County.
12 . Moi High School Kabarak from Nakuru County.
13. Kibirigwi Girls Highschool From Kirinyaga county.
14 .Amabuko Secondary School from Kisii County.
15. Kipkabus Boys High School.
16. Kakamega Secondary School from Kakamega County.
17. Amasago Boys Secondary from Kisii County.
18. Kiriani Boys High school from Tharaka Nithi County.
19 .Muthambi Boys High school from Tharaka Nithi county.
20 .St John Nyamagwa Boys High School from Kisii County.
30. Nyamira boys high school in Nyamira county
So far more than 30 schools have been damaged in the country by fire incidences. Today Garissa, Maranda have torched their schools dormitories
My personal opinion
All secondary school students in the country should be sent home early enough instead of waiting until 23rd December so as to reduce this pressure in the country
According to reliable resources schools are likely to be closed between 17 and 20th December to easen the pressure which is being experienced in schools.
The longer we wait for closing date then more schools will definitely become destroyed by students as they seem to be tired of being in school
This will reduce parents burden as other schools have started issuing new guidelines as students are encouraged to report back to school with money to cater for damages and other expenses.
Do you think that the government should close the schools immediately to help curb this rampant problem??