By today, the Kenya Universities and college placement service(KUCCPS) has placed the 2020 candidates who sat for the Kenya Certificate of Secondary school Education (KCSE) to universities and colleges across the country Kenya.
The placement news was good news to those who got a chance to be selected to join any university or college to pursue the course they chose.
I am directing KUCCPS to conduct the Inter-Institution transfer process online from September 1st to September 30th, 2021,” Magoha said yesterday as he released the placement results for the 2020 KCSE candidates
For one to start the inter -institution transfer process, he or she should have to go through the following guidelines carefully and have a better understanding first. The guidelines include:
- To be eligible for the transfer, Kenya Universities and college placement service(KUCCPS) must have selected you to the course in which you want to apply the transfer from
- MUST meet the minimum course requirements
- The course one is applying for must be on offer in the year the application is made
- For the degree programmes , one Must meet the minimum cut- off points required in the respective years
- The transfer application is only done once on one programme
- The person applying for the transfer may view the available programmes and their respective minimum requirements. This is done on online KUCCPS student portal by clicking the programme tab or by searching for the courses slowly through the institution tab.
- One application is only done by the applicant during the time the programme is placed.
- The seven character programme code will be required , once the applicant has settled and decided the course he or she wants to pursue.
- Application processing fee of Ksh1000 is always charged . After a successful application, the MPESA transaction code of the application fee will be entered during the submission point. The MPESA Code must be kept safely.
- You can monitor the application process through the student portal.
PROCEDURE OF THE APPLICATION
- on your browser key in the URL www.students.kuccps.net
- click on the login tab
- Enter the details required to login into the students dashboard.
- on the dashboard, click on the transfer tab
- From the dropdown menu provided, select the programme then inter institution transfer. In the inter-institution field, enter the seven programme code of the choice you made. A valid reason is given as to why you are wishing to apply for the transfer.
- After a successful application, you will be required to download and print a copy of the application.
- After printing, the copy must be presented to the institution you applied for the transfer for endorsement and acceptance purpose.
- After the university accepts your transfer, the copy is taken to the previous university you were selected to for it to release you. After release the same is taken to the KUCCPS to assign you a new admission letter.