For one to qualify to apply for the Advertised KDF vacancies he or she MUST meet the following general requirement.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally; four (4) copies of National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
- Be within the following age brackets: Between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
- Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test.
- Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants.
- Have no criminal record.
- Candidates must meet the following minimum physical requirements:
- Minimum Height:
(1) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
(2) Women 1.52m (5ft).
- Minimum Weight:
(1) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(2) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
- Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30.
- Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- Medical. Candidates must be medically fit and Skin must be healthy devoid of large or deep scars and tattoos.