Nation Media Group is the largest and leading independent Multi Media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
It is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Accountant for the Finance department.
The ideal candidate will have the overall responsibility of processing and paying local and foreign suppliers’ invoices, preparing treasury reports and timely payment of taxes, including VAT, Withholding tax, Corporation tax, and Instalment taxes for Nation Media Group PLC.
Important Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing and payment of local and foreign suppliers’ invoices;
- Vendor accounts and general ledger reconciliations;
- Preparation of audit schedules and implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Ensuring timely preparation, payment and filing of various NMG taxes;
- Monitoring daily cash flows, negotiating forex contracts, preparing treasury reports and investing surplus funds;
- Analyzing investment reports, computation and accrual of interest income and confirming the accuracy of fund manager monthly statements;
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Processing and paying customs duty, including facilitating importation documentation for raw materials suppliers and settling bills of exchange when they fall due.
Qualifications requirements, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution;CPA (K) or ACCA Certification;
- Two years’ experience in a busy and fast-paced environment;
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system;
- Knowledge of SAP or Naviga system will be an added advantage;
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- A team Player.
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity, compensation and an attractive commission structure.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ by 15th August, 2021.
All successful applicants will only contacted after being short listed.