The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has listed thousands of teachers missing on Teacher Management Information System (TMIS) in various schools.
The lists which contain the name of the teacher, his/her ID number, age, gender, county, sub county, school TSC code and school name have been shared to school heads to act on the data by registering the missing teachers.
TMIS is an important database that TSC uses to manage its teachers. Its through the TMIS where a teacher can be added on Teacher Professional Appraisal Development (TPAD).
According to TSC sources the data will be significant as the Commission plans to start face to face Teacher Professional Development (TPD) training in April this year.
The training is expected to take ten days and four TPD service providers have agreed on the training venues for teachers.
According to TSC, Riara University, Kenyatta University, Kenya Education Management Institute (KEMI) and Mount Kenya University will offer the training.
TSC also said teachers will pay the service providers a capacity building fee of sh. 6,000 yearly. Though there is a proposal for state to pay for the TPD programme, this has not been approved by Parliament.
School heads have till next week to ensure the missing teachers have been included in the TMIS platform.
Failure to comply may lead to disciplinary action. A show cause or warning letter may be issued to teachers and school heads incharge
HOW TO ADD TEACHERS ON TMIS ONLINE FORM
Kindly must be a school head to perform this function. If you have the login details given by the school head you can as well proceed.
1. Open your browser like Chrome and visit the link https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/ the below window will appear
2. In the User Name part enter the school headteachers TSC number and then enter his password for login in to TMIS. Once you have entered the details click Log in and the below window will appear with the name of the school head on top right corner
3. Place you cursor on TMIS RETURNS and click Submit Teachers Returns. The below window will appear
4. Now click Next To Enrollment as shown above. The below window showing the school enrollment will appear
5. Now click Next To Teachers Details as shown above. A window containing details of each teacher in the school will be displayed. This is also the place where you can add a missing teacher or remove (deleting) those who transferred or retired.
6. Now enter the TSC number of the teacher you want to add and then press Enter on your keyboard. The TSC number should be entered in the TSC No. column as shown below just next to the search icon.
7. Once you press Enter on your keyboard to search the teachers details will appear. Not all details of the teacher will appear others like Date Reported to Current Station, Responsibility, Nationality, Date of First Appointment, Date of App. to Current Grade, Religion, SNE specialization, Leave Type etc you will have to enter them manually.
Once you are through entering the teacher details just save them by clicking the save button on the right corner as shown below.