The teachers employer Teacher Service commission is planning to advertise in month of July employment vacancies for registered secondary unemployed teachers. This is due to the 2.5 Billion shillings that the Government allocated to TSC to add more teachers to curb the shortage of teachers in most of schools in the country.
The employment exercise is always carried out by the Teacher service commission together with the Board of managements. The exercise is done in some selected centers (schools) where all the applicants who are invited for interview meet there for the recruitment purpose
During the recruitment process, the highest degree of accountability and transparency is shown as it in the Public officers Act and the Teacher service commission code of conduct and Ethics 2015.
Before the exercise of recruitment starts, all the members in the panel who will be involved in the exercise are inducted on what is to be done according to the CORT 2015 and the employment Act by the Head of the institution.
The Teacher service commission(TSC) county Directors will put in place strict surveillance to ensure that all the Ministry of Health guidelines regarding the spread of covid19 virus are followed to the letter during the recruitment exercise.
For the teachers who will be wishing to apply for the advertised post, they will ensure that they are have the following;
- MUST be Registered by the commission since all those without TSC numbers will not qualify to apply for the advertised posts
- For those whose names on certificates are different from the names on National identity card(ID), they must have a sworn affidavit from magistrate as to why their is difference in names
- For those who re-sat for the national examinations KCPE or KCSE he or she must provide all certified copies (by the sub county or TSC county director) of both the certificates during the interview day.
The following table will be showing the scoresheet that TSC will use in awarding teachers during the recruitment exercise
[docxpresso file=”https://www.newskali.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/TSC-EMPLOYMENT-SCORESHEET-2021-1.odt” comments=”true” SVG=”true”]
Another very important thing is the length of stay at home after graduation. This carries marks which are important. The table below shows how marks are awarded according to the length of stay.
[docxpresso file=”https://www.newskali.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/TSC-SCORESHEET-FOR-LENGTH-OF-STAY-SINCE-GRADUATING-1.odt” comments=”true” SVG=”true”]
If you were previously employed by TSC there is also a different scoresheet as shown below.
[docxpresso file=”https://www.newskali.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/TSC-SCORESHEET-FOR-THE-LENGTH-OF-STAY-SINCE-GRADUATING-1.odt” comments=”true” SVG=”true”]
- Participation in co-curricular activities carries a maximum of 1 mark, communication ability carries 2 marks, students academic performance (evidence of exam records) has 1 mark and special talent(s) has a maximum of 1 mark.
- In this section no candidate should score zero marks . Remember having a well commanding voice and being dressed in official attire is an added advantage.